Business DescriptionHearing loss can result from damage to structures and/or nerve fibers in the inner ear that respond to sound. This type of hearing loss, termed “noise-induced hearing loss,” is usually caused by exposure to excessively loud sounds and cannot be medically or surgically corrected. Noise-induced hearing loss can result from a one-time exposure to a very loud sound, blast, or impulse, or from listening to loud sounds over an extended period. Hearing loss caused by exposure to loud sound is preventable.
To reduce their risk of noise-induced hearing loss, adults and children can do the following:
- Avoid or limit exposure to excessively loud sounds
- Turn down the volume of music systems
- Move away from the source of loud sounds when possible
- Use hearing protection devices when it is not feasible to avoid exposure to loud sounds or reduce them to a safe level
- Seek hearing evaluation by a licensed audiologist
We are committed to looking after the aural needs of our local community, and therefore want to make access to care as easy as possible. If you have the slightest concern about your hearing, or any question at all relating to noise-induced hearing loss, then don’t hesitate to get in touch – we are here to help: (347) 8979260.
Monday : 09:00 - 18:00
Tuesday : 09:00 - 18:00
Wednesday : 09:00 - 18:00
Thursday : 09:00 - 18:00
Friday : 09:00 - 18:00
Saturday - Closed
Sunday - Closed