Dr. Mehta practices as a PM&R specialist in Nashville, TN. She is board certified by the American Board of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation(ABPMR) in PM&R and Brain Injury Medicine. She is the sole provider who is board certified in Brain Injury Medicine in Nashville, TN.
Dr. Mehta completed her specialty training in State University of New York Upstate Department of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation in Syracuse, New York. Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (PM&R), is a medical specialty that primarily uses physical methods to help in diagnosis, healing, and rehabilitation. PM&R physicians specialize in the diagnosis and management of patients with chronic illness (e.g., stroke) or injury (e.g., concussion, aneurysmal rupture), acute and chronic pain, and musculoskeletal injuries (e.g., sports-, work-related).
Dr. Mehta is a subspecialist in the field of Brain Injury Medicine, an area that deals with any condition that affects the brain such as (but not limited to) concussion, stroke, head trauma, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, encephalopathy and neurocognitive disorders.
Dr. Mehta is an expert in:
- Diagnosing and treating brain injury rehabilitation issues.
- Providing non-surgical treatments for brain injuries based in physical methods.
- Restoring maximum function lost through injury, illness or disabling condition.
- Problem-solving issues that may be barriers to progress in recovery after brain injury.
- Treating the whole person, not just the problem area.
- Leading a team of medical professionals in the inpatient rehabilitation unit.
- Explaining your medical problems and treatment/prevention plan.
Add Your Review
Please login to add your review.